ELBAMAN 2011

Annonces, infos, résultats et lives sur toutes les courses! Vos comptes rendus de courses sont aussi les bienvenus!
ELBAMAN

ELBAMAN 2011

Message non lu par ELBAMAN »

Bonjour à tous,

Je suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas écrire en français.
J'écris en anglais, j'espère ne pas offenser personne.

As many of you maybe already know, nest 25th September 2011 there will be the 7th edition of Elbaman Triathlon Full distance (3.8-180-42.2)
There will be individual and relay team race with 280 athletes and 35 team admitted to the start.
There will be also the half distance called Elbaman73 (1.9-94-21.1) with a maximum of 400 admitted.
Entries are open since 2nd November and already more than 160 athletes have entered the race and, very pleased about it, a good number of French speaking from France and Belgium.

Elba Island is an hidden gem of Mediterranean Sea only 10km away from Tuscany coast and a true paradise for athletes and their families.

Our organizataion is devoted to serve a good quality event for a fair entry fee. Discounted entries will end next 31st December.
I look forward to welcome many of you in Elba in 2011 or in the future years and please, for any question, do not hesitate to write an email and I will personally reply each of you.
You can also refer to our friend and partner in France Julien (registered here as "Juju del piero").

I also look forward to come in France for some holiday/races in 2011 and know some of you personally. I have planned, of course, Annecy Triathlon (3rd July) and Alpe d'Huez at the end of the same month.

Sportivement

Marco Scotti
ELBAMAN Triathlon
Marco Scotti
ELBAMAN President
www.elbaman.it
info AT elbaman DOT it
ELORAC

Re: ELBAMAN 2011

Message non lu par ELORAC »

you do not talk about the price it will still has interssent you photos of the event.
mitch83

Message non lu par mitch83 »

déjà inscrit sur le 70.3 avec mon ami jj 8)
ELBAMAN

ELORAC a écrit :you do not talk about the price it will still has interssent you photos of the event.
sorry Elorac, I can not uderstand what you mean.
You can find photos on the online album here

http://picasaweb.google.it/elbaman

Sportivement
Marco Scotti
ELBAMAN President
www.elbaman.it
info AT elbaman DOT it
aurelie.218

Message non lu par aurelie.218 »

That looks so beautiful :sm2:

I saw the maps of the bike + run laps. Seems to be very savage...isn't it??? :D :sm3:

What is the easiest way to reach Elba Island from France/Switzerland? I mean...what do most of the foreign athletes take: train+ferry, or airplane? :)
Membre de la secte des Trigolos :D
Quelques balades par monts et par vaux... http://cyclorelie.skyrock.com/
Le off de ouf : http://offdeouf.wordpress.com/
Leonick

Message non lu par Leonick »

ELORAC a écrit :you do not talk about the price it will still has interssent you photos of the event.
voir ici http://www.calendrier.dusportif.fr/elbaman-02532 et pour le half http://www.calendrier.dusportif.fr/elbaman-703-02984 :wink:
Le Calendrier du sportif
c'est, des milliers de triathlons, duathlons, courses pédestres, trails, courses vtt, cyclosportives, gravel, et autres compétitions sportives
ironturtle

Message non lu par ironturtle »

aurelie.218 a écrit :That looks so beautiful :sm2:

I saw the maps of the bike + run laps. Seems to be very savage...isn't it??? :D :sm3:

What is the easiest way to reach Elba Island from France/Switzerland? I mean...what do most of the foreign athletes take: train+ferry, or airplane? :)
A friend of mine did it a few years ago, he loved it although he had 2 flats during the race. The roads are pretty rough but nothing savage. :D
He flew there.
I've been thinking of this race and will certainly do it before I retire. Wait for me aurélie, I'll race you there.
"Il n'est de plus grand malheur que de laisser mourir le rire dans ton coeur"
ELORAC

so how goes the trip if not otherwise potos pictures makes you want
I already do a Roth why not now hope to change direction instead of Cambrai
ELORAC

Aurélie I too go with thee two apartments that the fact
aurelie.218

Message non lu par aurelie.218 »

ironturtle a écrit :

A friend of mine did it a few years ago, he loved it although he had 2 flats during the race. The roads are pretty rough but nothing savage. :D
He flew there.
I've been thinking of this race and will certainly do it before I retire. Wait for me aurélie, I'll race you there.
Okay then, I'll be waiting :sm2: For 2011 I haven't got any definitive plan yet... Perhaps Altriman, or Châlon...or Embrun... But for sure, I'll get to Cambrai! However I hesitate between half, full ou duathlon distance....it will depend on the tiredness by the end of August :lol: So if I do half-im or duathlon in Cambrai, it might be possible that I try Elbaman that same year already... Pffff, to be continued :mrgreen: I heard such positive feedbacks about this race! Except for the flats...do you know if it is recurrent? :sm1:
ELORAC a écrit :Aurélie I too go with thee two apartments that the fact
You still say "thee" in english? :shock: I thougt it was an antique english word, wasn't? :P So you mean that you're going to Elbaman and take two apartments over there? :)
Membre de la secte des Trigolos :D
Quelques balades par monts et par vaux... http://cyclorelie.skyrock.com/
Le off de ouf : http://offdeouf.wordpress.com/
ELBAMAN

Dear Aurelie,
some brief answers.

Travel to Elba from France/Switzerland I strongly suggest to take the car.
I have friends comeing from all over Switzerland and France and 95% of them have always used car or a coach bus (if travelling with a group/club).
Piombino is the town to reach where the ferry leaves for Elba and it's easly reachable with highway (consider around 4h30' from Milan).

The car can be convenient also when you are on the island if you want to travel a bit.

Another opportunity is to take a flight to Pisa, then rent a car for going to Piombino (100km highway).
There is a small airport also on Elba, but unfortunately only some private charter companies flight there. I do not know flight plans for 2011, but for sure intersky.biz will have flights from Munchen & Zurich.

I read someone is afraid of flats... I need to be franck, the road surface is not perfect in a part of the course (especially first part of the downhill from Poggio), but most of the course has good/accettable surface.
I have done many bike ride myself on the race course and I have never had a flat... I knows triathletes very well and I know that many of them use too light tyres only for saving 15gr or beacuse of "it's cool to sue that tyre". Use something like Conti GP4000 or similar anti-puncture tyre and you'll never have any problem ;-)

Sportivement

Marco
Marco Scotti
ELBAMAN President
www.elbaman.it
info AT elbaman DOT it
ELORAC

yes there must also chalon very well, cambrai duathlon will be much better
We found a car very ben here we part
ironturtle

Message non lu par ironturtle »

Tu parles quelle langue Elorac? :shock: :D
aurélie, I might race there in 2014 (2011: Cozumel, 2012: Embrun, 2013: Ch'TriMan) , to be continued. :P
"Il n'est de plus grand malheur que de laisser mourir le rire dans ton coeur"
lashemale

Message non lu par lashemale »

Embarcadère à Piombino, juste en face de l'île. Trains depuis Milan.
Je déconseille la traversée en kayak, y'a trop de ferrys et c'est interdit (y'en a qui ont essayé... :roll: )
Leonick

Message non lu par Leonick »

pour y descendre en train depuis l'ile de France, le mieux est-il de prendre un train de nuit ? mais après, est-ce pratique avec un sac vélo pour aller jusqu'à la gare maritime ?
Le Calendrier du sportif
c'est, des milliers de triathlons, duathlons, courses pédestres, trails, courses vtt, cyclosportives, gravel, et autres compétitions sportives
Répondre